What Is Dry Ice Basting?
Dry ice blasting is similar to sand blasting, plastic bead blasting, or soda blasting where a medium is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared. But that’s where the similarity ends.
Dry Ice Blasting:
- is a non-abrasive, nonflammable and nonconductive cleaning method
- is environmentally-friendly and contains no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- is clean and approved for use in the food industry
- allows most items to be cleaned in place without time-consuming disassembly
- can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- can be used to remove production residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils and biofilms
- can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- can be used for many general cleaning applications
|Cleaning Method||No Secondary Waste||Non-Conductive||Non-Toxic*||Non-Abrasive|
|Dry Ice Blasting|
* Upon contact traditional blasting materials become contaminated when used to clean hazardous substances and objects. These blasting materials are then classified as toxic waste and require appropriate safe disposal.